It’s your wedding day. All the plans you’ve made for the most important day of your life are done. Or are they? Sometimes it can be the little, not so obvious details that can make all the difference in your comfort and happiness. These tips are the top eight essentials for the comfort of the Bride and her bridesmaids to have in the room while you are getting dressed and ready, and preparing for your wedding.
1. A case of bottled water. Especially if you are getting ready in a hotel. Using the hotel items can get pricey. Straws aren’t a bad idea either to keep lipstick from getting messed up or spilling down your front.
2. Food. It’s important to have bite sized food available, such as a fruit tray and/or sandwiches cut into small bite size pieces. Sounds silly, but a one bite, pop it in your mouth is important so nothing gets spilled down the front of your dress. Room service is great if it’s in the budget. Be sure to order in advance with your catering manager or wedding planner, as it can take time to have it delivered to your room. In Santa Barbara we have lots of great cafes, restaurants and even Costco that could make some trays for you to bring with you.
3. A Sewing Kit and Safety Pins. One or the other is always needed is always needed in the bride’s room.
4. Scissors. The ribbon loops that are sewn into the dresses to keep them on a hanger need to be cut off. Otherwise, they inevitably pop out while your dancing or moving your arms. Stray threads, price tags, etc.. need to go!
5. Bandaids. Girls~ you know we will buy the cute shoes over the comfortable ones every time. No party is fun if you’re in pain. Regular bandaids, plus a box of heal and toe specific, Dr. Scholl’s Blister Treatment bandaid. Speaking of comfortable feet~ I just discovered Tieks ”The ballet shoe rediscovered”. A must have for your feet at the reception. Check them out. Super cute. Fab colors. Great packaging as a gift too.
6. Fashion Tape. You look so cute and sexy in your strapless dress. It fit perfect at your last fitting and now it doesn’t seem to want to stay up! It’s not unusual to lose a bit of weight just before your wedding day. Even something as simple as not drinking enough water can affect your weight. Fashion tape can hold it in place.
7. Drug Store Items. Aspirin, Tylenol or some type of pain reliever. Breath mints, hand lotion, bobby pins, hair spray, wide tooth comb, dental floss, tissues, deodorant, tampons, eye drops. All these things can be displayed in a basket and brought over the ladies room at the reception for your guests comfort as well.
8. Champagne! Or some other drink you might like to have to toast your bridesmaids. Some Santa Barbara hotels have room service and will be happy to provide it, or you can purchase and bring your own. If you bring your own, you may want to bring some plastic champagne flutes.
Stay tuned for our post for the Groom and Groomsmen!